It's cliche to say, "I'll never forget where I was when," but it is an absolute truth. I will never forget where I was when.
Michael Jackson, as I've previously expressed, meant, means, a lot to me. It took me awhile, as I hyperventilated through a phone call to my mother, as I cried during my food handler's test, as I couldn't fall asleep without Nyquil that night--to figure out why I was hit so hard. For two weeks, I only listened to Jackson. For two weeks, I cried every day. For two weeks, I began to worry about my own well-being. Was something bigger going on in my life and Jackson's passing was my outlet?
Jackson was a fighter. He was a bizarre man, a confused man, a conundrum of a soul. A young man, always and forever a young man, a kind heart, a big voice.
I know what I believed about Jackson. I believed in his extreme innocence, his genuineness and his soul. All I can hope for in any living being is a soul so deep.
My Favorite Michael Jackson Lyrics
1. "I can hear your prayers/your burdens I will bear/but first I need your hand/then forever can begin."
You Are Not Alone
2. "Girl, when you dance/there's a magic that must be love."
Rock With You
3. "And I told about equality/and it's true either you're wrong or you're right/but if you're thinkin' 'bout my baby/it don't matter if you're black or white."
Black or White
4. "People always told me/be careful what you do/don't go around breaking young girls' hearts."
5. "What about the common man/can't we set him free?/what about children dying?/can't you hear them cry?"
6. "I've been a victim of/a selfish kind of love/it's time that I realize/there are some with no homes/not a nickel to loan/could it be/really me/pretending that they're not alone?"
Man in the Mirror
7. "You're playing with your life/this ain't no truth or dare."
8. "There's a time when you're right/and you know you must fight/who's laughing, baby?"
Leave Me Alone
9. "Beat me, hate me/you can never break me/will me, thrill me/you can never kill me/chew me, sue me/everybody do me/kick me, kike me/don't you black and white me."
They Don't Care About Us
10. "But they told me/a man should be faithful/and walk when not able/and fight till the end/but I'm only human."
Will You Be There
(My very favorite)